un_bending: (wary)
Kyoko ([personal profile] un_bending) wrote in [community profile] dear_mun2013-03-06 11:47 pm

(no subject)

I'm glad you think I'm worth listening to and everything, okay. But couldn't I occasionally get to do something besides argue politics with benders who've already decided not to?
white_polaris: ☇ <lj user="unlockable"> (Default)

[personal profile] white_polaris 2013-03-07 03:51 pm (UTC)(link)
[This isn't Asami but a former equalist from tumblr]

Who's arguing?
white_polaris: ☇ <lj user="casanovababy"> (Do not want at all)

[personal profile] white_polaris 2013-03-07 06:51 pm (UTC)(link)
Oh. I wouldn't let them bother you too much. They can't handle another's view point.
white_polaris: ☇ <lj user="casanovababy"> (Hidden underneath a mask)

[personal profile] white_polaris 2013-03-07 07:08 pm (UTC)(link)
Your welcome. Well, you need to find the right people.
abitofawildman: (Eyeroll)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-11 08:25 pm (UTC)(link)
Probably not, no. Once people find out that you have something in common, they'll latch on to that for all they're worth. And when I say in common I don't mean the Same view point, but rather A viewpoint on a given topic.

It's been my experience that people who have kids inevitably end up talking about children, and those who keep animals do the same.

Benders versus Non-Benders? Same deal.
abitofawildman: (Distrustful)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 02:52 am (UTC)(link)
You would have preferred a soothing lie?
abitofawildman: (Confident)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 05:01 pm (UTC)(link)
Happiness is an illusion.

[He says with an equally unhelpful grin.]
abitofawildman: (Confidentiality)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 06:54 pm (UTC)(link)
Maybe that's an illusion too.
abitofawildman: Shamefully clipped by from art created by tumblr user: minuiko. (Insanity)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 07:20 pm (UTC)(link)
Ahh, but it would hardly be a fish to discover the existence of water.
abitofawildman: (Confident)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 07:34 pm (UTC)(link)
[Bumi just...continues to grin. It lights up his whole face, in fact. Almost sharklike, if one squints.]

It's like this, we are less likely to notice the ubiquitous. Do you often make a habit of noticing the air? Not when the wind is blowing, or when you find yourself running short of it, just on an average day: how much do you notice the very air you breathe.

You don't. Because it's there. A constant, like the water is to a fish. Hence, it would hardly be a fish to discover the existence of water.

[And Tenzin thought he wasn't paying attention during lessons.]
abitofawildman: (Smile)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 09:04 pm (UTC)(link)
Exactly my point. If everything is an illusion, then...you'd hardly know it because you'd have no other frame of reference. Or so the Acolytes say.
abitofawildman: (Default)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 09:19 pm (UTC)(link)
[His chuckle is barely restrained, which makes it normal person loud.]

A bastardization of Air Acolyte philosophy at best, but yes.

[The distinction is very important to Bumi, for some reason. The Air Nomads are dead, and only time will tell if their resurrection will ever happen.]
abitofawildman: (Distrustful)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 09:24 pm (UTC)(link)
[He raises a bushy eyebrow.]

Not a fan of education for education's sake, I take it?
abitofawildman: (Confident)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 09:34 pm (UTC)(link)
What good's a hammer if you don't know how to use one? Or a phonograph? Or a radio?

Philosophy is really no different.

[Bumi knows your type, kiddo. Year after year the poor and disadvantaged enlist in the United Forces. Sometimes they even make it through Boot Camp with their shoulder chips still intact.

Sometimes.]
abitofawildman: (Default)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 09:47 pm (UTC)(link)
[Yeah...that's what so frustrating to Bumi about the Equalist movement. They have legitimate concerns that get lost among the chips.]

That all depends on what kind of person you are. It's a your mileage may vary sort of scenario.

I have to admit that as a younger man I too rejected philosophy as a worthwhile pursuit. But then...it sort of grew on me. Not unlike a fungus.
abitofawildman: Shamefully clipped by from art created by tumblr user: minuiko. (Insanity)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 09:56 pm (UTC)(link)
Really? Well then you're truly missing out. Not only are they delicious, but there's this particular variety that grows in the Foggy Swamp that puts Cactus Juice to shame.
abitofawildman: (Pouting)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 10:01 pm (UTC)(link)
You disbelieve my worldly experience and wisdom? I'm hurt. Truthfully. You cut me to the quick.

[He'd be a whole lot more believable if he weren't fighting a smirk through all of his pouting.]
abitofawildman: Shamefully clipped by from art created by tumblr user: minuiko. (Insanity)

[personal profile] abitofawildman 2013-03-12 10:13 pm (UTC)(link)















...

That's fair. Though under the right conditions Cactus Juice can elicit a powerful transcendental religious experience.

Or so I've been told. I just think the stuff is great for a laugh.