lasthomelyhousekeeper: (Default)
Elrond Half-Elven ([personal profile] lasthomelyhousekeeper) wrote in [community profile] dear_mun2012-12-27 08:36 pm
Entry tags:

voicetest, oh god what did I get into

You have admired me for some time, and only now make an attempt? A matter of time, surely, though it may not seem that way to you.

Now, we have much to do. If you are portray me, I will not allow you to do so improperly and without knowledge. The tales of my kind are avalible to you, and while I understand you have skimmed them, that will not be sufficient for my purposes. Read them again, thrice, and come back to me when you can repeat the line of Finwë and their deeds without mistakes or hesitation. And while I understand that your resources are... limited, I do expect you to manage some stumbling amount of Quenya. Sindarin is not an acceptable substitute.

I have never been told that I am a kind or understanding master, only a skillful one. Now go! Off to the books with you!

[personal profile] ladyofrivendell 2012-12-28 01:40 am (UTC)(link)
Such high expectations, my love. Are you certain you aren't perhaps being a bit to hard on your mundane?

I'm a bad person and I should feel bad

[personal profile] ladyofrivendell 2012-12-28 02:01 am (UTC)(link)
[She can't help but smile as well, moving to embrace him.]

Learning Quenya though?

[Oh, but she can't expect anything else from Elrond.]

Well enough. It does my heart good to see how often you appear in this place.

(no subject)

[personal profile] ladyofrivendell - 2012-12-30 02:48 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] ladyofrivendell - 2012-12-30 03:04 (UTC) - Expand
bow_of_the_galadhrim: (Noble Elven Prince)

last edit, I promise

[personal profile] bow_of_the_galadhrim 2012-12-28 01:43 am (UTC)(link)
Kind and understand, indeed, are not what I would say of you now, Lord Elrond. I respect your method, however. I've been doing the same to my own scribe though I've not been quite so... unfair to her.
Edited 2012-12-28 01:45 (UTC)
bow_of_the_galadhrim: (But I'll get all sweaty)

i still feel bad DX

[personal profile] bow_of_the_galadhrim 2012-12-28 01:52 am (UTC)(link)
[He's been through enough over the last 8 months, give him a break. Bad enough that Elrond now gets to see him with significantly shortened hair thanks to the tower.]

I would if she were not already hard enough on herself, attempting to read five books regarding our world at a time. And that is disregarding the seven she has set aside for after.

(no subject)

[personal profile] bow_of_the_galadhrim - 2012-12-28 02:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] bow_of_the_galadhrim - 2012-12-28 02:32 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] thelastking 2012-12-28 02:00 am (UTC)(link)
[ Hear that humored chuckle? That's just Estel over here laughing a little. It's been awhile since someone other than himself managed to win Elrond's distaste. ]

My lord, Elrond.

[ He inclines his head in greetings. ]

I see that all is well.
Edited 2012-12-28 02:00 (UTC)

[personal profile] thelastking 2012-12-30 04:28 am (UTC)(link)
[ The sudden use of his kingly title somewhat surprises him. Aragorn had long planned to abandon his former name once he became king, but to hear it uttered from Elrond shocked him somewhat. ]

You humble me but there is no need for that name amongst us.

[ His smile remained. ]

The White City stands tall. Our banners fly high and the remnants of Sauron's forces have fled into Mordor. The worst might be head of us, but for now a reprieve is welcomed.

[ The Battle of Pelennor Fields is still fresh within his mind. ]
Edited 2012-12-30 04:29 (UTC)
daredevilawyer: (standing with stick)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer 2012-12-28 02:07 am (UTC)(link)
Studying is important. Good to know what you're doing if you have the means.
daredevilawyer: (smirk)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer 2012-12-28 02:12 am (UTC)(link)
[thoughtful smirk] How about fist and club? There aren't too many swords or shields where I come from.

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-28 02:23 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-28 02:26 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 02:37 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 02:49 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 02:58 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 03:05 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 03:23 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 03:28 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 03:36 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 03:51 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] daredevilawyer - 2012-12-30 04:00 (UTC) - Expand
undomiels: unknown (''smile'' rest at ease beneath the shade)

ka;ndivea hello

[personal profile] undomiels 2012-12-28 02:15 am (UTC)(link)
Atar. Tormenting your scribe?
undomiels: gimcrack @ ij (''smile'' joy and everlasting peace)

so many beautiful family pictures ka;nvias

[personal profile] undomiels 2012-12-28 02:24 am (UTC)(link)
[ and how can she not smile upon seeing her father? ]

Ah, Father, Quenya is difficult for Men to learn. We cannot hold it against them..
Edited 2012-12-28 02:24 (UTC)

(no subject)

[personal profile] undomiels - 2012-12-30 02:50 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] undomiels - 2012-12-30 03:10 (UTC) - Expand
failedreintegration: <user name="frakkincylon"> at IJ. (How about something not stupid?)

[personal profile] failedreintegration 2012-12-28 02:25 am (UTC)(link)
[someone else who actually wants their writers to listen! The Time Lord approves...sort of]

I hope they listen to you.
elvenking: (Curious)

[personal profile] elvenking 2012-12-28 03:58 am (UTC)(link)
On how many occasions in this Age have you found Quenya useful, or Sindarin insufficient for your purposes, I wonder?

[Here, Elrond. Have some grump.]
elvenking: (Shell-shocked veteran.)

[personal profile] elvenking 2012-12-30 02:33 am (UTC)(link)
Which Sindarin is not?

[Eyebrow. This is news to him.]

(no subject)

[personal profile] elvenking - 2012-12-30 03:00 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] elvenking - 2012-12-30 03:22 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] elvenking - 2012-12-30 03:48 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] elvenking - 2012-12-30 03:56 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] elvenking - 2012-12-30 04:20 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] sonof_thrain 2012-12-28 05:03 pm (UTC)(link)
[He is just going to stare and not say much.]

[personal profile] sonof_thrain 2012-12-30 07:40 am (UTC)(link)
[He cleared his throat.]

I have a map which I cannot read.
curufinwe: (intense and serious stare ahead)

I would be sorry for this except I'm really not

[personal profile] curufinwe 2012-12-30 04:22 am (UTC)(link)
[ Have a Feanor regarding you with arms crossed. ... he seems to have been in the middle of something, though, since he is arrayed more for a night spent writing an essay in defense of archaic pronunciations than for battle or forging things. ... but somehow an ink-(and-possibly-other-things-like-wine-one-of-his-kids-knocked-over-or-maybe-it's-some-experimental-dye-or-something-it's-really-hard-to-know-with-him)-stained tunic probably doesn't do much to attract from his intense stair. ]

Tell your mundane also that it would also be prudent to learn how to pronounce Quenya correctly.

[ ... it's a sore spot with him what can I say.

((If you haven't skimmed anything out of the Histories of Middle Earth series, this article gives a summary of the pronunciation quibbles Feanor is referring to. c: )) ]
ithil: (Soft Smile)

[personal profile] ithil 2013-01-08 01:35 am (UTC)(link)
It is good that you make your mundane research thoroughly, hir nin. I know that my own did indepth research into both Quenya and Sindar languages. Not to mention intense attention to lineage and the timeline. It is no small task.

[Smiles lightly and nods her head.] I wish you and your mundane well in this endeavor.