a_father_to_his_men: (contemplation)
Megatron (Shattered Glass) ([personal profile] a_father_to_his_men) wrote in [community profile] dear_mun2012-05-14 01:02 pm

On anoncomm comments

I don't understand how those people who are being anonymous intend to improve the skills and abilities in the muns for my 'cast mates' though such vague comments and lack of constructive criticisms. Do they think that somehow other muns are able to divine exactly what they need to work on in order to improve their writing and 'voice'?

Admittedly I do not know the others aside from Starscream and Ravage beyond Ink City itself, but from what you have said Mun it does not seem that the accusations of lacking this 'voice' are accurate. Does that sort of thing serve any purpose except as a breeding ground for complaint and negative feelings?
nonononono: (You dun fucked up.)

[personal profile] nonononono 2012-05-14 08:43 pm (UTC)(link)
Uh...
meng_huan_myuu: (imagination motherfucker)

[personal profile] meng_huan_myuu 2012-05-14 10:21 pm (UTC)(link)
Yes. That is exactly what it means.

As bitter as it sounds, you're basically wedged in between two things universally known for wank and whining.

The mun'd give crit, if he wasn't so new to the fandom. As it stands, he knows how it must feel; it'd be like if someone told him he was doing a terrible job right when things were looking better.
snowpointvictor: (Caring)

[personal profile] snowpointvictor 2012-05-15 02:14 am (UTC)(link)
My mun doesn't know much of your universe, though he does 'dabble' in roleplaying from some series called 'Beast Wars'. I wouldn't pay much attention to those without constructive advice.

[personal profile] isthenormandy 2012-05-15 04:00 am (UTC)(link)
Perhaps, they do not understand how to properly communicate their concern for your acquaintances. That is always a possibility.

[personal profile] isthenormandy 2012-05-15 06:28 am (UTC)(link)
It is only a theory.

One of the very first things I have learned with my free will, was that not everyone is going to see you the same way another person does. Personally, I think it is an important thing to keep in mind when dealing with social issues.

Separating personal feelings from a situation are difficult for organics. Criticism, constructive or not, is not always well received by all. Negative feelings from others are also difficult to handle. I do hope your 'mundane' is not discouraged. I know there are many in this same confine that associate with you and your companions.

[personal profile] isthenormandy 2012-05-15 06:56 am (UTC)(link)
Your mun is very wise to make a decision after her observation.

I am still new to dealing with human sentiments, and this has opened my eyes a little more. My mun is...playing with the idea, of having me join you and your companions in this so called city. If she decides to, then I look forward to working with you.